Friday, June 01, 2007

WE HAD A BAD DAY...


Raining, wet roads, stupid women slamming on their brakes for GREEN lights. WTF?!?!
Of course, it was my fault. I rear ended her. Of course, she was driving an enormous Ford Expedition so her bumper was so high it totally missed my bumper so my grill and headlight took the impact. Who NEEDS a vehicle that big? NO ONE.

I'm just mad mostly at myself for being in a hurry and following too close. I know it was my fault, but I just need to blow off steam.

So, now in addition to the scratch, which I still haven't fixed, I now have a broken headlight, grill and buckled hood. I can't even get the hood open so I won't know exactly how much damage is on the inside till it goes into the shop to be repaired.

The initial estimate made by Progressive, my insurance company, came in at just under $1800.00. I'm planning to get another estimate as well by the actual body shop that will do the work.

It happened on my lunch hour so I took the rest of the afternoon off to get estimates and insurance calls taken care of. Not exactly the way I like to spend a Friday afternoon off work.

5 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Nooooo!!!! Not the Jetta!!!!

It's always sad to see someone's baby get hurt. Hopefully it'll be good as new soon.

Sorry you had such a bad day.

6:57 PM, June 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, that sucks... i'm a firm believer that SUV's should be banned... they're more trouble than their worth.

sorry your day sucked.

7:44 PM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger TheBuxStopHere said...

Sorry Sweetie. I know you love your baby Jetta...don't worry she still loves you too. *kiss*

7:55 PM, June 01, 2007  
Blogger Tom said...

Bummer. I'm glad YOU didn't get hurt.

8:29 AM, June 02, 2007  
Blogger Darth Gateau said...

Bless! Sore car!!!

9:36 AM, June 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home