Sunday, December 10, 2006

IT'S FINALLY CHRISTMAS HERE...


Well, the trees are up and the mess of dragging everything out of storage is cleaned up. It's officially Christmas at our house.

Every year we put up a real tree and an artificial tree...except this year. We put up two artificial trees. With our work schedules this year and taking into consideration the 25 minute drive to the tree farm where we usually get our real tree, we decided that by the time we could actually get there after work to look for a tree it would be too dark. So, we decided to save the $40 this year and put up both fake ones. I think they actually turned out nicely this year.

We always do one tree in red and gold only and the other with all of the ornaments that are homemade and/or given to us as gifts, with a few store-bought ones to finish it out. Though the red and gold tree is always beautiful, the one with the ornaments that were made by the kids, souveniers from trips that Andrew and I have taken together, or given to us as gifts has always meant more to me. I love getting out the boxes of ornaments every year and remembering who or where they came from as we unwrap them and hang them on the tree. I guess I'm just a tad sentimental that way.

The decorating is done and now the shopping frenzy begins! Now...how do I get the money to do that?? Andrew says I should just sell my body. ...any takers???

3 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

That is a beautiful tree. Superb effort.

7:56 PM, December 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ill give you $10....

9:36 PM, December 10, 2006  
Blogger john said...

Great tree. I think trees that are decorated with sentimental ornaments are the best. It makes sitting beside them or just watching the lights on them sparkle, mean even more.
Yeah, I know cheesy--I can be a bit goofy.

3:38 PM, December 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home