Sunday, November 12, 2006

SUNDAYS ARE THE BEST


Sunday morning...


Andrew was up and out of the house by 4:50am this morning, I slept in till 7am, Jeremy is at an overnight birthday party, Robin just got up a few minutes ago, coffee is made, dishwasher is running (which means the kitchen is clean) and I'm sitting at the computer. Can life get any better than this?? Haha.


My Mom and Dad and my Grandmother are coming over for brunch this morning. We do this every couple of months or so. Robin LOVES to have Grandpa and Grandma over on the weekend for Sunday brunch. I love it too, but she's usually the one who thinks of it and asks. I got my Mom hooked on mimosas a couple of years ago, so now when I ask them over for brunch she always offers to bring the orange juice and champagne. Haha.

I know I'm so fortunate to have my parents around. My Dad is 70 and my Mom is 64. A co-worker who is my age just lost his father this week. It was quite a shock and unexpected. So, Mike has been out this past week and won't be back till next week since the funeral and family is in Arizona and Nebraska.
When things like this happen, it really makes me stop and think about how fortunate I am.


My parents have always been model parents. Family vacations every year as we were growing up and we never wanted for anything. My parents were never rich and still aren't, but as a kid growing up in a house with 3 other sibblings, we never went without. I'm not sure how my parents did that. Christmases were fantastic and the gifts were always abundant. The family vacations were always fun and to places that they knew we would enjoy. Some of my favorites were the ones to Colorado. Even at 10 and 12 years old I noticed how beautiful that state is and appreciated it.


I have a lot to be thankful for in my life. With so much depression in the world and so many people who are hungry and needy, I feel very fortunate and I have my parents to thank for most of that. They made sure I was raised with the values and the work ethic that is required to be a self-supporting, law abiding citizen, and they did it all without letting us know they were doing it. That is a good parent.


I think I'm going to take a picture of them to post here when they are over this morning. I don't take enough pictures of them. With my co-worker's loss this week, it really made me think about how valuable time really is when it's spent with loved ones.


Have a great Sunday! I'm going to :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

They're obviously great parents. And they look happy to be with you!

2:05 PM, November 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home