Sunday, November 05, 2006

I'm here!

Yup, I’m here. Now what?

It’s so strange how I go brain dead as soon as there is a blank, white page in front of me. That’s it; I’m not cut out to be a writer. I should just quit this thing before I ever start.

I’ve been contemplating starting my own blog for weeks now. Thinking about what I’m going to write about. Standing in the shower at 6:30 am every morning I can think of the most brilliant things to write about. Why am I brain dead at this very moment? Ok, that all just rolled off my fingers in about 40 seconds. Maybe I’m not so bad at this…

There are several things that have gotten me thinking about starting my own blog. My friend, Tom started one a while back and I just love logging on and reading about the things going on in Tom’s life. Maybe it’s the voyeur in me, but I’ve sort of taken to reading blogs now.

Another reason might be that my friend, Phil in North Carolina is a writer and posts about once a month on his site. I have gotten many hours of entertainment from Phil’s writings. Sometimes they make me laugh out loud sitting here at my computer all by myself, and sometimes they make me cry. You never know what you’re going to get with Phil. But, rest assured, it will be entertaining.

Just this weekend I ran across another blog that caught my interest. Reading Matt from Seattle’s blog kept me entertained for quite a while on a boring Saturday evening when Andrew, my partner of 4 years, (more about him later) was out of town. Reading Matt’s “100 things about me” almost sounded like he could have been writing about me. So, I emailed him just to say how much I enjoyed his blog. I will be checking back in on Matt regularly. Hey, I gotta keep up with Kali’s recovery. (See the link to his site to the right and you’ll understand)

So, here I am, on a Sunday evening while Andrew sits behind me on the sofa in our family room, doing what he does best…operating the TiVo remote. Actually, I’ll bet he’s asleep by now. J

Seriously, Andrew is a wonderful guy. I think about how lucky I am everyday to have such a caring, and thoughtful partner as him.

Are we programmed at birth to just be thoughtful and caring, or is it a learned thing? I try to be as attentive as Andrew and come up with little ways to surprise him with small gifts, notes, nice home cooked dinners, but somehow he never fails to outdo me. It’s not that he tries to; I think it just comes naturally to him. For instance, we’re leaving for Las Vegas in just a couple of weeks to celebrate our 4th anniversary together. Only the most recent of his surprise trips with me. It was a surprise trip that he had planned for months. I don’t know how he does it. I’m lucky to remember my car keys before getting to the garage each morning. Sad…they hang on the hook right next to the door on the way TO the garage. (More about the second love of my life; my ’05 VW Jetta in later postings)

Well, if you’ve made it this far reading my ramblings, you’re either a very good friend to me or you’re almost as boring as I am, reading about other people’s lives. Either way, I’m glad you’re here and I hope you feel like returning to check out the progress. I promise to post more interesting stuff as time goes on.

So, let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is always welcome as I’m sure many of you are much better writers than I.

Take care, and drop me a line anytime!

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Glad you started your blog! I'll add you to my blogroll ...

(And it's Matt, not Mark). :)

3:08 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Matt said...

Thanks for correcting that. :)

Funnym though, I have a brother named Mark who is just a year older than me, and when we were little everyone always thought we were twins. My parents even got our names mixed up sometimes ...

1:54 PM, November 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home