Friday, December 08, 2006

SCOLDED...

Ok, I know... I haven't been here to post anything new since November 26th. Shame on me. I got home tonight to an email from Matt scolding me. Yes, Matt, I AM a bad blogger. I'm so sorry.

I have tons of excuses: I have been working WAY too much lately. Andrew is ALWAYS on the computer. My fingers are broken. The dog ate my homewor...oh, wait no.

Actually, I have been working tons lately. And, the time I am home, it seems like we're running here or there, taking the kids places that they need to go, or crashing into bed so I can get up in 5 hours to do it all over again.

We haven't even put up our Christmas trees yet, or decorated for the holidays. Christmas has crept up on me so fast this year.

The kids are here this weekend, so my plan is to have them help me put the trees up on Saturday morning and then when Andrew gets home from work, we'll all decorate them. (One tree in the family room and one in the livingroom) Then we'll have hot cocoa and stand around singing Christmas carols. Umm, prolly not.

Here's how it will actually go...

Andrew will get up at 4am because he opens the store tomorrow morning, I'll sleep in till around 6. I'll get up, make coffee and sit at the computer reading other people's blogs for an hour and a half. Then the kids will get up, turn on the TV in the same room where I'm computing, then I'll take a shower and then take them to Starbucks for breakfast. We'll come home around 10:30am and I'll get the boxes of Christmas trees and decorations out of storage. I'll start putting one tree together while they go back to the mindless TV that they adore so much, and 3 hours later I'll have the first tree put together. I'll be sick of that by the time Andrew gets home and won't want to finish decorating it. I'll say, "I just spent 3 hours putting this stupid tree together. YOU'RE putting the other one together!" Then nothing will get done the rest of the day.

Jeez, I amaze myself at how I can see the future sometimes.

Tune in tomorrow and see what REALLY happens.

Oh, and by the way...I mulched the leaves. It actually LOOKS like I raked.

8 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Scott, I'm sorry. I was just joking ... I just missed hearing about you.

I hope your Saturday goes better than you think.

Matt

10:40 PM, December 08, 2006  
Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Haha! No worries, Matt. I've been meaning to update for days now. Just haven't found the time. I'm glad you enjoy my blog. Keep reading, I promise to update again this weekend!

Scott

10:43 PM, December 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you need me to come over and slap you? LOL

8:28 AM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

...Only if you let me call you "Daddy" :-)

2:29 PM, December 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the reconrd...Scot DID NOT get up at 6am! I woke him up at almost 8am! Just thought we should be honest?

4:05 PM, December 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its about time, i was getting bored....:-)

8:08 PM, December 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, ill bet andrews been asleep on the couch for over an hour by now and you have one tree up...

8:22 PM, December 09, 2006  
Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Actually, BOTH trees are up and he helped me decorate one of them. (even after getting home 2 hours late from work today) Tomorrow, the wreath goes up on the outside and pictures will be posted here.

10:33 PM, December 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home