Monday, May 19, 2008

YUP, REALLY...

So, we got home last Friday evening to find the Rachel Ray garbage bowl in the 3 season room next to our back door. Our friend, Sue had struck again.

Remember, in my last post, when I said "people will buy ANYTHING"? Well, I should have known. Sue already owned one. AND, after reading my post about the stupid Rachel Ray garbage bowl, she thought we needed one too. Go figure.

Surprise #2 for this week...

I came home, walked into the kitchen to see this...
Andrew was in the kitchen, making fish tacos for dinner and USING the garbage bowl! It just goes against all of my principles. I don't know why, except...it's just so stupid! People with a plethora of bowls already in their cupboards will go out and buy a "special" bowl just for putting their kitchen waste in while cooking, just because it has Rachel Ray's name on it. Gaaaaahhhh!!!!

Thanks Sue. We love it!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now THAT was a neat post!!! but scott, i have to say, i dont own one. i bought a whole actual mixing bowl set, a little sturdier and funkier than her cheap,thin stupid inside bottomed garbage bowl. but since you raved about it so...well, you know me. im like tom, i hang a plastic bag on the bottom cupboard door and thats what i use when i cook, because my kitchen garbage is so small, most of it goes in the big can in the garage. anyway, im sure it is handy and glad youre using it.

5:32 PM, May 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fish tacos??? that just rubs mexican the wrong way.

5:37 PM, May 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, i guess it was matt who used the bags...

5:41 PM, May 19, 2008  
Blogger Mike said...

Fish tacos? I'm sure they're delicious, but EEW!

8:58 PM, May 19, 2008  
Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

That is just too funny or crazy! I mean who would waste money to buy a bowl just to put garbage in, plus more importantly can you get one of those in Canada?

No just kidding! ;P

7:33 AM, May 20, 2008  
Blogger PsychGuy said...

Rachel Ray had a recent Dunkin Donuts ad pulled because people complained the scarf she was wearing was too reminiscent of a terrorist. The keffiyeh is a traditional scarf worn by arab men. As seen on the View.

10:26 AM, May 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home