Sunday, May 11, 2008

REALLY?!...

Last weekend when we were in Pella, Iowa for the annual tulip festival, we went into a kitchen store to look around. We normally can't walk by one without stopping.

Now, I know Food Network and HGTV cooking shows are all the rage and I admit, I love them too. I actually do like watching Rachel Ray's cooking show and we TiVo her network show everyday and watch it when she has an interesting guest on. But Rachel Ray tends to really bug me sometimes with her "bubbleyness" and her silly garbage bowl. I've always scoffed at it when she mentions it on her show. What the hell is wrong with a kitchen garbage can? Why do I have to use a "garbage bowl" just because Rachel Ray tells me I should?

So, as we were browsing through the kitchen store last weekend, we saw the bowl pictured above. And, sadly, yes it said "Rachel Ray garbage bowl". You've got to be F****** kidding me! People will buy ANYTHING.

Note to all you unimaginative, Food Network chef wanna be's: Reach into your cupboard, pull out a bowl and call it a garbage bowl. Really, you can wash it later and use it to put food in again. Do you honestly need to buy a bowl, specifically to put your cooking garbage in??

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah they actually have them at gordmans for $14.99. it would make a pretty good mixing bowl, but it has a weird inside bottom. i got myself a cool set of 4 multi colored, muli sized at urban outfitters.com for $28, and i use them almost every day.

1:52 PM, May 11, 2008  
Blogger Matt said...

I throw a plastic grocery bag (thanks Safeway) on the counter and then throw it all out when I'm done.

She'd kill me. I'm so white trash. I don't deserve to live.

2:30 PM, May 11, 2008  
Blogger Darth Gateau said...

I don't know who Rachel Ray is but this seems like the most ridiculous idea ever. I'm still not clear on what a garbage bowl actually is.

8:10 AM, May 12, 2008  
Blogger madhousesix said...

lemmings. the world is full of lemmings.

geeze.

6:47 PM, May 12, 2008  
Blogger Tom said...

I'm not a big fan of Rachel Ray, but I can't avoid watching her sometimes because she does have some good ideas. Selling a garbage bowl is a stupid idea. I do use a bowl for vegetable scraps. It makes it easy to take it out and dump them in the recycling bin. I guess I may have invented the garbage bowl first?

7:34 AM, May 17, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really.....

11:08 AM, May 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home