Monday, September 17, 2007

PAINTING THE TOWN...

...Well, I'll just start with the house for now. Believe me, it's an undertaking that I misjudged. But, I think it will all be worth it once it's done and everything is put back in place and stuff back on the walls.
We're just so sick of white walls. The previous owners had the entire inside of the house painted white in an apparent attempt to sell faster, I'm guessing. It's been two years since we moved in and we're still living with white walls in 90 percent of the house. Of course there were many other things that had to be done before we painted. The entire kitchen had to be gutted and replaced, some windows needed to be replaced and new flooring in the dining room, kitchen and entry. Oh, and the upstairs "Brady Bunch" bathroom had to go just to get the theme song out of our heads every morning when we brushed our teeth! Remind me later and I'll post a fun little pic of THAT.
I always do this. I intend to take "before" pictures before I start a project and then remember part way into it. So, once again, here are my before pictures kinda sorta before but not really.

The living room with the first coat on the trim and a little paint slathered on the wall just to see what it's going to look like because we're impatient.

We're still unsure of the color. The paint chip looked fabulous in the store but on the wall...hmmmmm. Well, after spending more than $200.00 on paint, we'll get used to it. Actually I have more faith than Andrew does. After the furniture is put back and the stuff back on the walls, I'm sure it's going to look great.
A closer look at that wall color.

The first coat on the trim in the entry. you can see a little bit of the unpainted trim on the stairs leading up. Oh, and add a new front door to that list of completed projects so far too.

...and, of course, Poodles ALWAYS have to get into the act too. He loves to help.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, not sure about that color either,it reminds me of a van that i actually own at the moment (LONG story)kinda between mustard/pumpkin/cinnamon, but if you like it, thats all that matters, isnt it? do you need any help?

11:54 AM, September 17, 2007  
Blogger Matt said...

Actually, I really like that color. We have the same problem with our house - everything is white or beige (and everything needs to be gutted). I'm looking forward to seeing how your house looks as it progresses! Are you painting any other rooms, too?

7:12 PM, September 17, 2007  
Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Thanks Matt. I think the color will be great when it's all done. Yes, actually, we are painting several rooms at once. The kitchen, dining room, living room, entry, 3 sets of stairways and an upstairs hallway. They all run together and will all be the same color. We also bought paint for the master bedroom which is going to be a deep burgundy wine color. The family room was done about year ago and the other two bedrooms will have to wait till this project is done.

8:59 PM, September 17, 2007  
Blogger Matt said...

Wow - I like a man with ambition. Ummm ... will you guys come back to Seattle soon and help us with out house??? :)

10:10 PM, September 17, 2007  
Blogger Tom said...

I think your going to get sick of painting after the first room is done. I always do. I'm looking forward to seeing the after pics.

10:46 AM, September 18, 2007  
Blogger Darth Gateau said...

Go for it! A bold colour always makes a place feel totally different. I got so sick of painting our house that I gave up and insisted we pay someone to finish off (we'd done about 3 walls of one room!) What a princess! It's one of the few Paris Hilton attacks I've had but it was so worth it as the blokes did it all so fast whilst I drank tea. Smashing!

3:26 PM, September 18, 2007  
Blogger Mike said...

I finished painting my new store / office this summer. I bought a new this summer and it's all white - I painted my kitchen green over the weekend.

Have fun!

7:49 AM, September 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you done yet?

6:48 AM, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Nope, not done yet. You'll know when it's done.

7:02 PM, September 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, how come theres always a garbage can at the end of my comment? are you trying to tell me something?

5:13 PM, September 23, 2007  
Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

There is a garbage can after everyone's comment, Sue.

10:09 PM, September 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home