Wednesday, August 08, 2007

VACATION...


So far what a great vacation! Andrew and I left Iowa on Friday evening Aug. 3rd and spent one night in Las Vegas. It was a quick little stay, but nice to finally see the older downtown area of Las Vegas. On Saturday morning we headed back to the airport for the second leg of our trip to Bellingham, Washington then on to Lummi Island.

On Tuesday morning we caught the Victoria Star ferry from Bellingham to Victoria, B.C. on Vancouver Island. It was a 3 hour tour, a three hour tour... sit right back and hear a tale, a tale of a frightful trip...
Ok, sorry the theme to Gilligan's Island had been running through my mind ever since I read about this cruise. Seriously, it was a really nice and relaxing day. Victoria is very beautiful with flowers blooming everywhere. I will follow up with lots of pictures of the trip as soon as I get home and can download all of my pictures onto my computer.
The return trip was a dinner cruise serving salmon and chicken. Full bar the entire trip! Yay! We even stopped at one point when the captain saw the dorsal fins of a pod of Orca whales. I took lots of pictures as they surfaced but the pictures never do justice to actually being there. It was only the second time I'd ever seen whales in their natural habitat. The first was in Maine in 1995. I was on a 45 foot whale watching boat out of Bar Harbor with 75 foot long fin whales surfacing right next to the boat. THAT was an amazing (and a little scary) experience!
So far our vacation has been wonderful. Tomorrow we head to Seattle to spend a couple of days sightseeing there and have a couple of dinners with Andrew's family on Thursday and Friday, then on Saturday, we get to meet fellow bloggers Matterdays and his partner Scootersville for brunch! That will be fun!
Signing off for now...more updates later!

3 Comments:

Blogger Darth Gateau said...

have a great time!

Meeting bloggers is also so much fun. Some London bloggers met last night. It's all rather hazy...

12:18 PM, August 09, 2007  
Blogger Matt said...

I can't believe you actually went swimming the Sound - wasn't it cold?

Great picture though.

;)

8:01 PM, August 09, 2007  
Blogger Matt said...

Wait - that totally came out wrong ... I didn't mean that the way it sounded!

8:02 AM, August 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home