Monday, January 01, 2007

BACK TO THE GRIND...

He's such a poser. Sporting his new Christmas bandana.

Well Christmas is over and things are getting back to normal. Andrew got home around 10pm Saturday night. The drive to the airport to pick him up was interesting. He flew out of an airport that is about an hour from here because of the cost savings. I took HWY 151 out of Marion on my way to the Dubuque, Iowa Regional Airport. Woo-hoo! We're in the big city now! As I was just entering Anamosa, Iowa, out of the corner of my eye was what I immediatley thought was an explosion. A sudden bright light and sound to my left. I turned my head in time to see fireworks going off. Hmm. that's kinda strange. It wasn't Christmas or New Years Eve. Not sure what those were for, but kind of weird to be going off that close to the highway. I still don't know what it was, but it added a little interest to the one hour trip via normally boring Hwy 151 to Dubuque.
As I got almost to the Airport, again, off to my left I could see a bright light in the sky. Fairly low and too bright to be a star. As I drove it became obvious that the light was a plane. Andrew's plane. I thought to myself, "damn, I'm good." What timing! I realized that the timing was even more perfect than I thought when, just as the American Eagle jet from Chicago flew over the highway at roughly 300 ft altitude, coming in for it's landing, I was driving directly under it. I watched through the sunroof as Andrew's plane flew directly over my head at a scary low altitude. Jeez, I know I'm easily amused. I get it from my Dad, I'm sure. Anyway, it's great to finally have him back home.

We all had a wonderful Christmas spending time with family and giving the gifts that we stressed over picking out and purchasing in time. Even all the online purchases that Andrew and I both made arrived on time and without incident. (Last year Robin had to wait a few days to get her "Barbie Primp-n-Polish" that Dad had fought to get on Ebay)

Andrew had a nice time with his extended family in Seattle as well. It sounds like things went pretty much like I thought - lots of wine and great food. I actually got a phone call late on the 26th from Laura, Andrew's Mom, just as they had finished opening their gifts. As I talked briefly with her, Randy, Monica and Andrew, I knew the "holiday punch" was likely nearing the bottom of the punch bowl. It sounded like they were having a great time. It made me miss being there even more. Oh well, it sounds like next year's Christmas will likely be back here at our house. I can't wait!

Happy New year to all and may your 2007 be better than you imagined!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a GORGEOUS poodle! :)

1:48 PM, January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home