Sunday, January 11, 2009

TYPICAL SUNDAY...

This is how I enjoy spending at least one morning of the weekend.

This morning I woke up around 8:30 after tossing and turning most of the night. Not sure what's up with that. Looked out the bedroom window to see yet another few inches of snow had fallen overnight. Grrr!!! Andrew was up and out of the house by 4:30am since he had to work this morning which means I'll have a nice quiet morning by myself and then he'll be home early this afternoon.
The regular morning ritual for me is to make coffee right away. Kinda gets my blood flowing as well as fighting off the potential headache from lack of caffeine. Hey, I could be addicted to worse things.
While I'm standing in the kitchen making coffee, I take a few minutes to clean up from last nights dinner. I always hate it when there are a few things left over that we don't wash in the dishwasher. At least this morning it was only a couple of knives.

Coffees done and I'm just starting a new book that my friend Phil from North Carolina sent to me. Nothing better than a good book to read while enjoying my steaming cup of addiction on a quiet Sunday morning alone. Yeah, I admit, I do drink alone. Hey, admitting a problem is the first step, right? -Shout out to to Phil - thanks for sending the book!
Read a chapter and then decided to go check my regular blogs. Nothing much new here since I checked last. Oh well, I can't complain - the time in between my posts are tending to be not exactly short.

Bailey's usual spot while I'm at the computer. Silly dog. I think he thinks he's actually on my lap when he really only has his head resting on my leg.

Time to throw in a load of laundry. I tend to put off the laundry until I'm down to the clothes that I really don't want to wear and the only clean underwear left are the ones that are much to tight to be comfy in. This weekend I'm actually getting a head start on it before it gets unmanageable.
A couple of eggs and some toast sounds good this morning. A daring departure from my regular morning bowl of oatmeal. (the kind you actually cook on the stove, not that crappy instant stuff) Yeah, I tend to live on the wild side on the weekends.
Well, that's how my Sunday morning started out. How's yours?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

John made bacon and eggs for us, I made the coffee and we relaxed all morning. Bailey is so cute, by the way.

Sheldon is 8 now and doing all the "testing" to see if he can challenge authority. He is a smart poodle.

12:24 PM, January 11, 2009  
Blogger Matt said...

Looks like a nice Sunday. I swear it takes me the whole weekend to clean our house, so that's what I've been doing. And there's still a few loads of laundry to get through - at 4:15 Sunday afternoon. No wonder I want three-day weekends.

Bailey's adorable. That's a great feeling having a dog rest its muzzle on your leg.

Can I come over for breakfast next Sunday? (I always seem to be inviting myself over for food!).

6:15 PM, January 11, 2009  
Blogger Matt said...

By the way - what's the new book??? I'm looking for some new reads ...

7:28 PM, January 11, 2009  
Blogger Darth Gateau said...

There are some huge benefits to living where I do. Someone pops around to my place twice a week and tidies up for me - it's magical and I think she's marvellous. She thinks having a cup of tea with me whilst she's here tho is a bit odd. Breakfast for the weekend is champagne brunch - nothing else to do here and no-one EVER seems to cook. See ya later off for some fizz...
:)

1:28 AM, January 23, 2009  
Blogger Alan Scott said...

Wow! My Sunday morning usually consists of coffee. That's all I can handle until noon. :D

9:27 AM, February 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home