Sunday, August 24, 2008

JUST ABOUT SUMS IT UP...

I was reading an article written by Jay Leno the other day, talking about the quality of American cars compared to those from other countries. He wrote one paragraph that made me stop and say, "Yes! That's exactly how I have felt for years!"

Since I can't find the article again, I'm paraphrasing here, but this conveys the general idea:

European auto makers are in business to build cars that are of high quality and are fun to drive. That's why they make money.
Japanese auto makers are in business to build cars that are extremely reliable and fuel efficient. That's why they make money.
American auto makers are in business to make money. So they build cars.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

With the big three American auto makers saying they are in trouble now, I can't help feeling like saying "told you so"! I feel really bad for the workers that will lose their jobs but as for the companies, I watch an interview less than two years ago where they bragged that Americans love big cars and were not worried about gas prices, so they were only going to make bigger SUVs and trucks and that they had no intention of trying to market smaller cars, they even laughed at the idea.... well sorry but they dug their own hole.

8:23 AM, August 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home