Tuesday, July 08, 2008

YEAH, I CAN COOK...

Can you guess what I can cook by the ingredients you see here? Hey, no scrolling!

Every once in a while I get the urge to make something amazingly decadent. The mood struck on Sunday.

We had spent Friday and Saturday at my friend Mary Jean's house in Lincoln, Nebraska, celebrating the 4th. It was a great party at her house on Capitol Beach Lake in Lincoln, complete with jet skiing, good food, great people, amazing fireworks and plenty of beverages. (if you catch my drift)

After eating out all weekend, I felt like making something really good at home. This urge usually hits while I'm watching a cooking show of some sort. I watched and it did.

Quatro fromage lasagna.
("Four Cheese" if I must translate) If I were going to make something that called for $70.00 worth of ingredients and most of my afternoon to prepare, we HAD to invite guests. After a few text messages, Sue agreed to make the 1 hour drive to dinner. Kyle declined. (see what you missed, Kyle!?)

Sue and Andrew stood by indulging in their beverages while I slaved over a hot oven creating my masterpiece. I apologize if I sound a bit smug when it comes to my creation here, but all I have to say is, ya shoulda' been here to try it! I think everyone orgasmed a little as they took the first bite.
I served it with the traditional garlic bread that you must have with lasagna and a simple salad of assorted greens with a red wine vinegar and shallot dressing.Rather purty if I do say so, myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Very purty. You should be proud.

I guessed lasagna before scrolling down, even though I didn't say "quattro fromage" - do I still win?

And I think every time you or Andrew post about cooking, I ask the same question - can I come over?? Please????

9:42 PM, July 08, 2008  
Blogger Darth Gateau said...

I didn't guess. Still, 4 cheese lasagne is always a cheeky but welcome surprise

8:18 AM, July 11, 2008  
Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

I didn't catch it either, but it did make me drool a bit...

6:04 AM, July 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home