Sunday, February 25, 2007

I've been disfigured...




It was a perfectly innocent outing to get my haircut and an eyebrow waxing. Who knew I'd come home looking like I'd been in a fight?

I like to get my eyebrows waxed about every other time I get a haircut. It cleans them up and makes me feel a little bit better about myself. (believe me, every little bit helps) I've had it done too many times to count and never have I been harmed in the process.

I walked into the Cost Cutters a few blocks from the house (first mistake, I know) and asked for a haircut and to have the eyebrows done. "Sure, it'll just be a minute". So, I stood for a bit and waited while she finished with the guy ahead of me. We had just started getting the beggining of the terrible ice storm that blanketed most of Iowa this weekend. Because of the weather, they were going to close early and I just happened to be the lucky last customer of the day, as I witnessed them turn away two more people who walked in just behind me.

I got my hair cut and she did a nice job. I was please with it. Little did I know she was a ruthless killer with the hot wax and paper! I know they were probably in a hurry to get done and home before the nasty ice storm hit full force, but c'mon, this was rediculous. It hurt a little, but it always does. I thought nothing of the bit of burning sensation as I walked out and to my car. The left eye hurt a little more but I just figured there was maybe more there to remove...until I got home. I went to the bathroom to shower as I always do after a haircut because I hate that scratchy feeling of little hairs around my collar the rest of the day after a haircut. When I looked in the mirror I saw WHY it still hurt. I couldn't believe what I saw! She had ripped a layer of skin right off my eyelid! That BITCH!

I tried to go back today to complain and get my money back at least for the waxing, but they were closed. I WILL be going back tomorrow to have a few words with whom ever is there. I hope either that woman who did this or a manager is there.

Anyone know how long it's gonna take for THIS to heal??

6 Comments:

Blogger TheBuxStopHere said...

Good thing you weren't getting your butt waxed...hot wax mistake down low could be tragic. :)

6:07 PM, February 25, 2007  
Blogger Tom said...

I had a roommate once that was taking cosmetology classes. If you go to them you get a really big discount. I had my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed. Well, he goofed! I ended up with one eyebrow. It seemed like forever for it to come back. I haven’t been waxed since. I have fear of waxing syndrome! Happy healing.

6:46 PM, February 25, 2007  
Blogger Matt said...

Ow! But I think that would be something that woul dheal pretty quickly. Sorry you had to go through that!

9:50 PM, February 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, maybe you should learn to pluck...and cost cutters???!!! you should be spanked...

12:13 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Darth Gateau said...

Cost Cutters? It sounds pretty dicey to me! Yikes. I hope it all heals up quick. Tell them you had problems with your vision over the weekend and that'll scare 'em!

3:48 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger BOB and PHIL said...

Ouch, been there, done that. At least you have short hair. I have friends that have been mullet-ized at cost cutters. I've never been waxed there, but I did have this totally bitchy guy rip off half my eyebrow at JC Penney's one time. It made me bleed and he insisted that there was nothing wrong but it took about a month to heal and grow back. Good luck!

8:19 PM, February 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home