Sunday, July 05, 2009

I MAY BE ALL THUMBS...

...but at least they are a little green.

Aren't they cute? And such a deal - buy two get one free!

These will grow to about 10-15 feet high and won't they look great with white Christmas lights?
We still plan to plant something smaller with a square or roundish shape alternating in between these. That will also help hide the ugly gas meters. Any suggestions?? This is the East side of the house so it gets full sun from morning to around 1-2 pm.


Here it is from another angle:Let's hear some ideas for the spaces in between...

6 Comments:

Blogger LSL said...

I have no ideas (you wouldn't want them anyway - I have a black thumb) but these look great!

4:48 PM, July 05, 2009  
Blogger sue said...

i think some pink flamingos would be nice...

7:18 PM, July 05, 2009  
Blogger Matt said...

You could do some low boxwood for a square-ish, hedgey shape. Or burgundy Japanese Barberry would look cool if you don't mind the thorns. Or Magic Carpet spirea for cool color (except for winter). Oh wait - how about "Burning Bush" euonymous??? THAT would be cool ...

8:11 PM, July 05, 2009  
Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Thanks LSL.

Matt, those are things I thought about too. Especially the burning bushes. Those would look nice. I like Barberry too.

Sue - I swear to God if pink flamingos turn up in our yard I will hunt you down.

9:46 PM, July 05, 2009  
Blogger madhouse 6 said...

me likey. very nice

8:14 PM, September 04, 2009  
Blogger madhouse 6 said...

sorry for my delay in checkin' your blog - i've been in the middle of a shitty summer - haven't really kept up on my blogs.

8:15 PM, September 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home