Tuesday, April 14, 2009

VALIDATION...

I'm home from work today, feeling a little under the weather. Nasty sinus infection that I felt coming on a few days ago. I waited until my doctor's office opened this morning and called to see if I could get in today. The receptionist told me that my doctor had no openings today, but if I gave her my phone number she would talk to the doctor and see if he was willing to work through the lunch hour and see me. Within 10 minutes my phone rang. Yes, he would see me today at 12:15 if that worked for me. Wow! Did I just time warp back into the 1950's?? I've always liked my doctor. He's very personable, easy to talk to and never makes me feel uncomfortable talking about anything. I'm guessing part of that might be that he's actually younger than I am! He's probably in his mid-thirties and very cool. A doctor's visit always feels more like stopping in for a conversation with a friend than a trip to an assembly line in a medical factory.

Anyway, as I'm sitting here waiting to go to my appointment, I'm downloading stuff to put on my Zune. I ran across this Youtube short film and decided to watch it. I know, it's 16 minutes long, but trust me, you'll be a better person for watching it. It's really touching and made me forget about my pounding head, and sinus pressure...for about 16 minutes.

My favorite line in the film... "you PAID for parking?...for ME?"

2 Comments:

Blogger LSL said...

I found this a little while ago and loved it. : )

Hope you're feeling better!

4:05 PM, April 15, 2009  
Anonymous johnmichael said...

This was awesome!!

1:42 AM, April 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home