Saturday, June 20, 2009

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH...

JOE.MY.GOD.

I read his blog everyday. It's where I get a lot of my news from the gay/political front. I've been reading Joe's blog for about 3 years now and I have read his PRIDE month re-post every June for those 3 years. It's a very inspiring post that makes me stop and think every year. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who needs to be stopped at least once a year and reminded to be less judgmental of some of my fellow gay people out there who have been more visible in the community than I have; The people who have been fighting for our rights for years and have succeeded in reaching many milestones toward equal rights for the GLBT community.

If you already check Joe's blog everyday like so many do, you've likely already read it. In fact, you've likely read it several times. I won't re-print it here, but please go to Joe's site and read his annual PRIDE post. It's well worth the few minutes it takes to read it and hopefully you'll use it as a little reminder as well, to be less judging of people because of the clothes they wear, the color of their skin or hair, or how flamboyant they may be.

Oh, and happy PRIDE month, everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

thanks for sharing this Scott, it's always good to see his blog again...I had forgotten about it for some reason.

6:59 PM, June 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home